Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Acteen

Firt of all, I am so sorry I haven't blogged in forever!

Last week I had the chance to be an acteen at G.A. camp! Camp was so much fun! It was very tiring but so rewarding! I enjoyed being able to spend a whole week with a bunch of sweet little girls.

Our verse for the week was Luke 10:27-28- "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself. He said to him you have answered correctly, do this and you will live!"

Our worship pastor worship was fantastic! I was able to really grow this week. Todd (worship pastor) talked about each part of this verse seperately every morning of camp! My favorite morning was Love the Lord your God with all Your mind! Todd asked the group of around 200 girls and acteens if they knew Phillipians 2:5. A few people raised their hand (not me). I felt bad. He then put 4 pics on the screen Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, Jonas Brothers, and Twilight. Girls from 1st grade to seniors were screaming for these pictures. He put Phillipians 2:5 back on the screen and said- "Have this mind among yourselves, which is in yours Christ Jesus"-Phillipians 2:5! It got me to thinking about what I'm filling my mind with. There are so many things that can fill our minds but How can I Love God with my all if I'm not filling my mind with His word? Not to say that I can't watch Twilight or do anything besides read God's word but that shouldn't take up more space in my mind than God does! I came back from camp with several new challenges for myself including memorizing Phillipians 2:5! Please be in prayer for me as I continue to grow in Christ. Also, be in prayer for the G.A.'s who attended camp! Hope everyone has a blessed week!

3 comments:

  1. She did not know that the passage would also be part of the sermon she heard in church the following Sunday. It is an honor to be your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing! Glad camp went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Daddy I love you!
    Thank you very much Aunt Ang!

    ReplyDelete